A captivating tale that celebrates a young girl’s determination, a granddad’s wisdom, and the fantastical wonders of the natural world.
What to Expect:
- Wild and Fun: Readers are caught up in a slew of outlandish situations.
- Natural Themes: With a sense of wonder throughout, this book encourages young readers to explore the wider world around them and seek their own natural wonders.
- Gorgeous Art: The illustrations in this book are rich-textured, fun, lively, and entirely engaging.
- A Clever Combination of Fiction and Non-Fiction: An educational back matter offers opportunities for discussions about geographical phenomena.
Format: Jacketed Hardcover
Size: 8.1 X 10.1
Age Range: 4-8 years
Publication Date: 04/20/2021
“The Vanishing Lake explores the timeless mysteries and magic of nature. A story that captivates the imagination with lush illustrations and humour. It feels like a modern classic.”
– Fiona Woodcock, Illustrator and Picture Book Author
“Children will adore this funny and surprising mystery about a determined young girl and her inventive grandfather. Donnelly’s beautiful illustrations evoke the spirit of discovery and adventure that children find in all wild places.”
– Jennifer Bell, Bestselling Children’s Author