- Format: Jacketed Hardcover
- Pages: 40
- Size: 8.1 X 10.6
- Price: $15.99
- Age Range: 4-8 years
- Publication Date: Feb. 8, 2022
- ISBN: 978-1-953458-20-9
“Deliciously daft, beautifully illustrated, and a wonderful way to get children to really look at the wildlife around them.” –M.G. Leonard, Beetle Boy
“HILARIOUSLY SILLY and ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! (Now I know why my teacher had such a long tail.)” –Karl Newson, I Am a Tiger
What to Expect:
- Humorous seek-and-find—the hilarious disguises and hiding places the endangered animals appear in on each page will make for a fun seek-and-find game for readers on each page.
- Encourages observation and creative thinking—dodo encourages the reader to look around them to find hidden “extinct” animals in unexpected places. This will promote being observant and thinking outside the box.
- Educational back matter for schools—the book features extensive nonfiction back matter, giving facts and information about the real extinct and endangered animals mentioned in the book, making it valuable for teachers and librarians.
- Great for animal lovers—kids who love animals will be thrilled to learn about so many new and lesser-known animals in this fun and interesting book.
Paddy Donnelly is an award winning Irish author and illustrator of many children’s books, including The Vanishing Lake, which was the 2021 IPPY Gold Medal winner. He grew up on the north coast of Ireland, surrounded by mythical stories of giants, magical creatures, and shape-shifting animals, all set in a stunning landscape from another time. All of this prompted his love of nature, animals, the sea, and storytelling. He creates his illustrations digitally and loves working with a textured, painterly approach. Paddy lives in Belgium. He wishes Pluto was still a planet. Visit Paddy at http://lefft.com/